PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) firms help organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Sub-Saharan Africa, we’re the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9,000 people.
Senior Associate – Financial Services
Reference Number: 125-NIG00209
Job type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead, supervise, mentor, coach and evaluate engagement teams on financial audits of Financial services companies like Banks and Investment companies using International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- Lead accounting Advisory and other Assurance Engagements.
- Serve as effective liaison and representative between the firm and the client.
- Work harmoniously and productively within a team; providing necessary supports to superior and motivate less experienced team members to deliver their work in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Exercise sound judgment by making decisions throughout the engagement, including assessment of engagement risks, design and selection of audit procedures necessary to arrive at a desired level of assurance, and evaluation of documentation and audit evidence received.
- Preparation and 1st level review of complex consolidated IFRS financial statements.
- Work with partners and engagement managers regarding project management, including scheduling, staffing and the engagement budget.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Demonstrate professional demeanor towards duties and responsibilities, particularly with regard to independence, professional ethics, and the exercise of professional judgment.
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Must be working in a consulting/Audit firm – with 3 – 5 years professional experience in external audit of organisations in the financial services sector (e.g Banks, insurance companies and Pension funds)
- Have deep technical knowledge and understanding of the application of relevant International Financial Reporting Standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory pronouncements that are applicable to banks, Investment companies and other Financial services companies
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Good analytical and organisational abilities
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- Possess the ability and maturity to resolve conflicts on engagements
- A demonstrated ability to take responsibility, work autonomously and use initiative, especially when working to tight deadlines
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism.
Jobs in Nigeria | Latest Jobs in Nigeria | Top Jobs in Nigeria Today | Current Jobs in Nigeria